Our team would like to congratulate Derek Pease for earning the Certified Private Wealth Advisor® certification, which is an advanced professional certification for advisors who provide the breadth of specialized skills required to meet the needs of high-net-worth clients. As a larger team that collaborates to serve clients, this accomplishment adds to the breadth of capabilities we're able to provide.
What Does a CPWA Professional Know
CPWA advisors have passed a rigorous exam 11 core topics, including applied behavioral finance, charitable giving, estate planning, and wealth transfer. Advisors learn how to identify and analyze the challenges that high-net-worth investors like you face and develop specific strategies to minimize taxes, invest and protect assets, and transfer wealth, all according to your goals and objectives.
World Class Education
The average time commitment to complete the CPWA program is six months, and roughly 6 out of 10 candidates who start the CPWA program during a two-year period successfully pass all requirements to earn the certification. Derek completed his course work through the Yale School of Management - Executive Education
Institute Code of Professional Responsibility
The Code was adopted to promote and maintain a high standard of professional conduct in the investment consulting and wealth management disciplines.
Investments & Wealth Institute members, candidates in the Institute certification programs, and Institute certificants are required to adhere to the following principles:
- Act in the best interest of the client.
- Disclose services to be offered and provided, related charges, and compensation.
- Disclose the existence of actual, potential, and/or perceived conflicts of interest and relevant financial relationships, direct and/or indirect. Take appropriate action to resolve or manage any such conflicts.
- Provide clients information needed to make informed decisions.
- Respond to client inquiries and instructions appropriately, promptly, completely, and truthfully.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information, however acquired, consistent with legal and regulatory requirements and firm policies.
- Provide competent service by truthful representation of competency, maintenance and/or development of professional capabilities, and, when appropriate, the recommendation of other professionals.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to one’s practice of his or her profession.
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct.
Why Work With a CPWA® Professional
By selecting a CPWA advisor, you’re working with someone who has committed themselves to attaining advanced wealth management knowledge and can guide you through the most complex issues, ethically and with only your best interests in mind. CPWA professionals are bound to the Institute Code of Professional Responsibility which defines their role and responsibilities to the client. As applicants, candidates must disclose any potential or real violations of the Code plus pass comprehensive background checks before they are admitted to the CPWA Certification program.